POLICY24: DIGITAL POLICY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM:
Policy24 includes all the tools that Council need to manage policy documents through their
lifecycle. These include planning and other statutory documents like District and Regional Plans,
Engineering Standards and Bylaws, as well as other spatial plans.
Policy24 integrates spatially to GIS layers like Zones and Overlays as well as enabling land uses to
provide Council staff with a platform for managing these documents and processes.
Policy24 provides tools for the public to search the policy register, and read, search and print policy
When it comes to City, District or Regional Plans Policy24 (integrated with GIS) provides an online
enquiry tool for staff and communities. This allows people to access planning information any time,
anywhere, and on any device. This includes the planning rules for a property, rules specific to an activity or
development at the property and potential Council assessment processes.
Policy24 then allows this to be applied to the consenting and assessment process to enabled guided
assessment to ensure consistency across applications.
KEY FEATURES OF POLICY24
• Full lifecycle management of policy documents amendment process features
• Version Management
• All document changes are audited
• Document security
• Registers for datasets like Heritage
• Template management for all online components to allow staff to manage branding and layout
DIGITAL PLANNING SPECIFIC FEATURES:
• Linkages are a powerful function that enables the policy document to become a smart digital document.
• Dynamic Rules tables use the information held in Linkages and dynamically displays the rules for the activity within the Zone/Overlay. As the linkages are modified, the dynamic tables are updated reflecting the latest content. This is an easy way for the user to print the same ‘rules’ that will be applied in an assessment process (delivering consistency throughout the assessment process as an outcome).
• Register tables (with numeric values linkages) allow for numerical data like flood levels or side yards which are then available to be returned to other processes as a numeric value for assessment purposes.
• Dynamic display of register content within a policy linked to location.
• Browse and search the public policy register and amendment register
• Browse, search and print policy documents
• For spatial plans, browse the plan for an address or location, either from an address search or GIS web map.
• Find out the plan (district, regional or other spatial) that applies to an address
• Additionally, for a location, search the controls that apply to an activity, land use or development type including potential consent assessment pathways.
• Manage Submissions on policy review
FOR OTHER SOFTWARE:
• Integrate with a full set of APIs that allow the results of planning enquiry to be accessed.
• This means that application assessment can be done in a guided manner against the controls that apply for a land use/activity by classification, ensuring consistency to the application processing.
NEW ZEALAND NATIONAL PLANNING
Policy24 is compliant with the New Zealand National planning standards and will continue to work with
MfE directions in this regard. Note: While compliance can be achieved using Policy24, Council plans
may require content and structural changes as well as the addition of linkages to become compliant.
KEY FEATURES OF POLICY24
• Manage policy document lifecycle
• Set up staff with various roles per process
• Full tracking of changes to a document
• Integration with spatial data sources
• Comprehensive linkage creation for planning documents
• Permissibility management
• Reporting module
• Template management for all online components to allow staff to manage branding and layout per publication
• Browse policy documents
• Public policy register
• Amendment register
• Property enquiry (Line of enquiry)
• Activity / Development enquiry
• Download property report
Our API allows integration with other systems like consent or DA processing to ensure applications are assessed against consistent relevant controls.
Policy24 integrates with many of the Local Government systems such as Authority from Civica, Pathway from INFOR, the TechnologyOne suit, ESRI, Intramaps, Objective and TRIM to access documents, customer, property details and enable spatial integration.